Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Adventrues In Review

As 2012 comes to an end, I can't help but stop and think of all the new adventures we had this year.

Our first new adventure started when we gave the boys a puppy last Christmas. I can remember Christmas morning Tyler woke up first at 6am and him and I played with the puppy in the garage and then in my room.

My bedroom door and Trey's bedroom door line up together but across the hall. Tyler and I had very little lights on as to not wake up Trey and Daddy. Tyler and I were in my bedroom door way playing with the puppy. A very sleepy Trey walks out of his bedroom towards us, Bear ran and pounced on Trey. Trey then jumped backwards as he was still half asleep. When Trey realized that it was a puppy that charged him, he screams PUPPY at the top of his lungs. Thanks for waking up the neighbors.

A year later we have a happy, energized puppy that we wouldn't know what to do with out.

 
 
 
 
                                                     

Another new Jaso family adventure was broken bones. I always thought that Tyler would be the one to break bones first but I was proven wrong. Have you every had one thing that you would tell your kids a million times a day not to do because they would get hurt. Well on January 29 I decided that I had enough and was not going to fight Trey on jumping off furniture.

Well Trey learned his lesson the hard way with a tib/fib fracture to the left wrist. As a parent you always fear the situations where you can't take the pain away, and can just see yourself panicking. Well in this situation having little medical training and remembering what my parents did when I had this exact same fracture in the exact same wrist I was able to remain calmer than I ever thought possible.

I picked up the closest phone which happened to be my cell phone and called 911. I explained to the dispatcher what happened and that I have a consice 4 year old male with a broken wrist ect. ect. ect. and requested a medic to come splint his wrist so that we could at least get him in his car seat to go to the hospital.

While talking to the dispatcher John picks up Trey and leaves. No socks, shoes, jacket, blanket or cell phone or word on which hospital he was going to. I could only pray that it was Children's St. Paul. I told the dispatcher that my husband left. She asked me for a description of John's car and he was basically given the all clear with in reason to speed to the hospital.

After everything was said and done, we ended up with a splint, cast and then a brace. John and I both learned that there is no "right" way to handle this particular situation and you really just have to go with your gut feeling.

 
 
 As a planner it's hard for me to take the phrase "live one day at a time" to heart and actually live one day at a time. 2012 brought us tribulations, trials, adventures and a stronger bond as a family. With unconditional love, communication and a free spirit we as a family have learned how to "live one day at a time"
 
Can not wait to see what kind of new adventures 2013 has for the Jaso Family....
Happy New Year!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment