Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Very Busy Summer

Wow what a very busy summer with plenty of new adventures.

Where did I leave off??? Oh yes, family camping trip.

Over the fourth of July weekend we decided to camp at Kathio State Park on the Rum River in Onamia, MN. Out side of extreme heat, large amounts of horse flys and the mosquito's we had a blast. Our trip started out with checking in. Ha! That was fun. So we check in and get our site, we head to the site and start setting up. While we were setting up the tent we realized that the tent pad was too small for our huge 10 person tent.

While John jumped in the van to go back to the office to see if we can be switched to another site, the park ranger comes through. After explaining the situation and requesting to be moved, he explains that all he has open is the horse campground. After being reassured that no one was going to be camping there as well we decided to take the offer extended to us and moved to the horse campground.

All in all it turned out to be better for us. The boys had a parking lot to themselves to ride their bikes, the dog could bark at anything and everything, and we could be as loud as we wanted to with out any one complaining.
One of our new adventures on this trip happened while we were fishing. Trey, Tyler and daddy were fishing from the dock. Our friend Charlie was on one side of the shore fishing off land and I was on the other side fishing off the land.

Trey starts yelling " I got one! I got one!" As he is reeling in we quickly realize that he caught a baby snapping turtle. Charlie is reeling in to go help John, I am yelling at Tyler to go to the van and grab my phone so I can take a picture.


 
                                      
So while the guys are dealing with this and I am reeling in my line so I can take a picture, my line catches on something. I continued to reel in my line and it's getting harder to bring closer to shore. I thought that I caught some weeds so I grab my pole and just start to drag it over to where John or Charlie could get it untangled. Ha! Weeds it was not, here I ended up snagging a nice size northern, my biggest catch of the year so far.



                                   

                                            





                                                       



                                                     
 
 
 
 
 
The next adventure while camping was taking a class all about OWLS. The class had a lot of information that I wouldn't even have thought about. I learned a lot and the boys had fun. They had so much fun that they were digging in an OWL pellet. Tyler asked "mom why are we digging in poop?"
 
 
 
 
 
 
Our summer winded down with our usual Huff N Puff softball tournament in Lake Elmo, followed by Saint Paul Park Heritage Days. Like Huff N Puff, Heritage Days is a very long weekend. What separates the two weekends is that one is adult fun and the other is all about scouting. For Heritage Days we as a pack and troop sell water, pop and miscellaneous beverages. The weekend starts off with a parade that we walk. First time in a very long time that I have walked that parade route. I was ready for a nap by the time we were done. The boys however did a very, very great job. So proud of all of them.
 
 
 
Now that our summer adventures are done, its time for our Fall ones. They start with the first day of school! I still can't believe that I have a FOURTH GRADER and a KINDERGARTNER! Where has the time gone.
 
Tyler is loving fourth grade. He is having fun with old friends and enjoys making new ones. This year a new weekly homework assignment is current events. Tyler has done two of them so far. The first one had the topic of Syria and Chemical weapons and the second one was the Costa Concordia being pulled upright. Tyler received and A+ on both of those assignments. So very proud of him and the great start that he is off to this year.
 
Trey is adjusting ok to kindergarten. Due to some behaviors last year, they are starting him off at half days and slowly increasing his time at school as the weeks go on. We meet this week to talk about extending his day to right after lunch. He really doesn't like missing out on everything at school but he understands and is working hard to use his words instead of the behaviors. I am proud of Trey and how very hard he is working so that we can increase his time quicker.
 
 
The biggest new Jaso family adventure is about to come. Starting October 25 we will no longer be living in an apartment but rather a house. No we did not buy it, it's a rental. In our books a house is a house and we couldn't be more excited. While at work the other day it actually sunk in that I get to decorate a HOUSE for Christmas!!! We are moving out of Cottage Grove and into St. Paul Park. Not moving far but this is a much better fit for our whole entire family. The boys are even excited for a yard to play in. We chose St. Paul Park because it's still close enough to home, it's in the city in which out boys are in scouts.
 
This house is a 4 bed, 2 bath with a tandem two car garage attached. What is tandem you ask? Well in stead of the cars being parked side by side they will be parked hood to hood. Essentially we have two garage doors. One car pulls in from one door and the other car from the other door.
 
I turn 30 this year and we will be having a party in our house. So I will give out the address at that time. Please enjoy some picture of the inside of our house in the mean time.
 
 
 
 
This is our master bedroom!
 
 
 
 
 
We have had a lot of good experiences and a lot of bad ones this summer. I have learned that no matter how good or how hard you work at something, it's not always a for sure thing. I have also learned to trust the old saying "When God closes one door, he opens another". It's very hard for me to sit here and allow this to play out. I can only hope and pray that nothing gets ruined along this path. I know I know I am speaking in code. Just keep following and you will learn about it in good time.
 
Until the next Jaso family adventure please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we open a new chapter in our life.
 
 
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Crazy how busy summers can be and how fast it goes by! Can't believe we are already almost 1 month into the school year.

    ReplyDelete